PDA

View Full Version : Home Invasion Presentation Wrapup

BassingtxLady
01-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I have been around law enforcement officers since I was 14. I used to ride patrol with one of the Harris County Deputies who was a one person car. I rode with Dick Smith who was Chief Deputy in Precinct 4 Harris County. I have known the Humble Police Chief most of my life and the Humble Assistant Police Chief is my cousin. I have had the opportunity to play with the Humble PD Swat team. I am an Advisory Director of the Harris County Sheriff's Department Training Academy on Atascocita Road. I have a lot of other Law enforcement connections, but in none of them, did I learn as much as I did in today's presentation about home invasion.

Eric Tewes agreed to give this presentation and it was fantastic. From all the conversation I heard, the few who were attending were impressed and really learned a lot.

Eric Tewes

Vetto, Craig and Mark taking it easy.

Vett0, Craig, Mark, Eric, Me and Tom Cooper.

The coffee and donuts were tasty. I am sorry more of could not attend.

vett0111
01-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks for setting this up RodSmith. You, your wife and Grand daughter are great hosts.

Eric thank you for taking time to meet with us. Great hearing and talking with you. This meeting was for sure a great help. Big thanks for the great job the men in blue do for us all.

matt thorpe
01-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. I worked from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM yesterday at my primary job then went straight back to work from 5:45 PM to 1:30AM at my part time job. Needless to say I slept in this morning.

Gentleben
01-19-2013, 09:01 PM
thank you Fishingtx for putting on such a life saving presentation ..I consider Eric aka evisuesdaddy a friend and one of HPDs finest . Eric is down to earth hog hunting guy and is not afraid to get dirty or get in street fire fight to defend your homes and lifes.
Thank you Eric and Rod for putting this presentation on.

undercoverbassman
01-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks Mr. Rod and family for hosting the event and big thanks to Eric. I work with the HPD, HCSO and the DEA quite regularly in my professional life and thought I was pretty well versed in protecting myself and my property. Eric taught me a lot today and I am glad that I attended. Thanks again guys, it was a good day.

TexasTomGoneFishin
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Rod,

Thank you so much for putting this together and opening your home for this event. You, your wife, and granddaughter definitely have the gift of hospitality and deserve our gratitude.

Eric, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I gained so much information that I pray I will never have to use, but am so grateful to have should the need arise.

It was really good to finally meet some of the fine folks on this Forum. All in all, it was a great day!

Thank you,
Tom