View Full Version : Administrator need help

BassingtxLady
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Well Boys and Girls

It’s time to bring you up to date because I need some serious help in the administration of FishingTX. The information below will explain why. If there are any of you who are willing to get involved in this administration, send me a PM and we will take it from there. Please don’t send me a lot of questions about my medical problems. I am embarrassed to tell you as much as I have. Now you will know why I have not been so active on the board.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Over the past few years, my health has gotten worse. I now have doctors for Oncologist, Cardiologist, Oral Surgeon, Infectious Disease, Orthopedic and Primary.

I can’t even measure the number of X-Rays, CT-scans, MRI’s and medications that I have had since last September when my jaw really got infected. At that time, I almost totally lost my desire to eat. As a result, I went from 200 pounds to 130 pounds.

In early January the jaw infection had gotten so bad, they put me in Memorial Hermann Northeast for 10 days on constant intravenous antibiotics and saline solutions to fight the infection and dehydration. They also gave me 2 transfusions. They thought they had the infection under control.

Well, they hadn’t succeeded with stopping the infection. On 4-17-2013, my lower right jaw broke while eating my regular breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast. I was admitted to Memorial Hermann Downtown 4-30 for broken jaw repair. I ended up there for 7 days. After much blood work, X-rays and examinations, the decision was to put off any repair until nutrition and strength was better. They stuck a belly tube in me which now used for all my feeding. I get fed with the belly tube 4 times a day. With the broken jaw, I can’t eat anything through my mouth.

None of this was affecting my back, so on 5-21-2013 Memorial Hermann N/E did Kyphoplasties on T5, T6 and T8. (Total Kyphoplasties now are- L1, L2, L3, T5, T6, T7, T8 and T12)

Living in those hospital beds finally got me so weak that I have been on a walker since the end of May. Home Health Care sends out a lot of stuff that looks like Ensure but it has a lot more vitamins. I have now gained from 130 pounds to 136 pounds. Home Health Care also sends out a nurse and physical therapist on a weekly basis.

There are a lot more details which I can’t remember but this should give you some idea.

TexasT
07-05-2013, 06:36 PM
God Bless you Mr Rod Smith and my prayers are with you also. I hope that you keep gaining weight.
Keep The Faith

Flathead Fred
07-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Rod, we all LOVE YOU and hope you get to feeling better.
Peggy and I' are praying for you and your family.
Let us know if we can do anything.

fishngrin
07-06-2013, 01:39 AM
hope you get well soon

RodBender54
07-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Mr Rod you are in my prayers. I too have had my fair share of neck surgeries but nothing compared to what you have been through. Keep strong by looking upward and I do hope you can find someone to help you with this wonderful work.