PDA

View Full Version : fishing & tide charts

gator
08-15-2013, 12:25 PM
http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/texas

calvin found this site and we done went and studied on it. well yesterday we watched and it was really accurate and the fishing picked up and slowed down to the point you could set your watch. think this is my go to tide fishing tables from now on

Snapshot
08-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks Gator as I needed one of these sites. A few years back I fished by the incoming tides only and as you said, set my watch as they were very accurate. So, is it best to fish the incoming tides in the Texas bays and lower rivers?

vett0111
08-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Cool link. Thanks

interangler
03-12-2014, 03:31 AM
Thanks for sharing this wonderful link and sites. I found them actually best in their fishing related aspects. Hope to share here some more. Thank You! :)

KingTut
03-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Thanks Gator as I needed one of these sites. A few years back I fished by the incoming tides only and as you said, set my watch as they were very accurate. So, is it best to fish the incoming tides in the Texas bays and lower rivers?

I prefer an outgoing tide. And one that moves a foot and a half or more from high to low. This usually occurs opposite of the full moon and I fish the mouth of drains where the marsh flats spills out into the bay. As the tide leaves the flat, it draws the bait out into the bay and the predators wait for the tide to blow dinner their way. This is a picture of a favorite drain on the south shore of East Bay. The mouth of the drain, due to constant tide movement is nine to eleven feet deep. The marsh, depending on the tide is six inches to three feet deep. On an outgoing tide, anchor-up about 100 yards north of a drain and match the hatch. Get you a cast net!

benjaminong
07-22-2014, 11:53 AM
I use the same tide tables over the past year and recorded time and catch / bites. They are pretty accurate.

Gentleben
07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
thanks Ben

Lou The Fisherman
07-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks for posting your FIRST post there benjaminong. Lets us hear from you in the future about your salt water catches.

dan_wrider
07-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks for posting your FIRST post there benjaminong. Lets us hear from you in the future about your salt water catches.

No joke, this place could definitely use some more salty reports.

Gentleben
07-22-2014, 06:18 PM
wonder ifin that be the benjamin live down the street from my retirerment home..

fish1
07-23-2014, 05:42 PM
great info , thanks for sharing !