PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Sabine Lake and Sabine Pass

TexasOfficer85
10-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Hey guys going down to Sabine tomorrow for some fishing any help would be great launch sites / bait camps/ marinas with gas/ and any tips on the fishing Might have an extra seat on the boat.

Snapshot
10-14-2013, 10:12 AM
First off: a great big welcome aboard the FTX family wagon. We have a MUSTER ( a meet, greet and fish fry ) coming up on the 26th and you and your friends are most welcome to join us. Just watch for the MUSTER thread and follow the action.

You may want to send an pm to Gator as he is a real expert for that area. I for one, need to figure out where it is and then get some of the same info. As I have been told, use finger mullet and hold on as the reds and flounder both gobble them up.

TexasOfficer85
10-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I found that Luck In A Bucket Bait Camp 344 Highway 365 Port Arthur, TX77640-1431 Phone: (409) 736-3486 has live shrimp and The Causeway Bait store has frozen shrimp frozen mullet and boat ramp going to stop by Luck in A bucket and pick up some live and dead shrimp than off to the Causeway to lounch...

TexasOfficer85
10-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Last time i was in sabine i ran in to a BULL RED run i hooked 8 bull reds all over 40 inches by fish number 8 i was praying it would just jump off the hook my arms was so tired..

gator
10-14-2013, 11:22 AM
hwy 82 has ramps for both sides tx and la. if you are going after big reds jetties boat cut east side best cut bait on the bottom and hang on they will come through in waves and every rod will go off. i use flounder rig with finger mullet dragged slowly on the bottom. flounder fishing but reds will nail it also and specks will too. there are all kids of great shore line south and east side. but remember if you cross into the mouth of a bayou you need a la license and launch la side. last week the birds have started working so its usually a big school of reds or specks so if you see them working rattle traps or soft plastic dont matter they will eat it. hope it helps take pictures please.

TexasOfficer85
10-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Gator what if i want to fish on La side of the cut do i still need a La license

gator
10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
yes once you cross the boat cut la, they love catching boats there i hear but have never seen it

vett0111
10-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Good luck. Let us know how your trip goes.

interangler
03-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Nice piece of fish you caught!
Wish you best of luck for your fishing adventure. I would like to know about exact date of your next fishing tour arrival.! Kindly help me out!