PDA

View Full Version : Board server problems

Gentleben
02-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Blake , Castnblast called me the other day the board was down and very slow ; when i talked to the folks who host our server i was told it was due to the server being overloaded and one of the reasons was pictures being too large ,.

Folks i have been very patient with ya all and no longer have the time to resize and edit threads so when I get a chance to get on the board and i see a thread with monster oversized pictures it is deleted. so if you make a thread with pics over the allowed maximum of 650 x 480 pixtels don't be surprised if your thread is deleted .
Admins should be looking for that but are probably busy as we all are so . be consderate when you make your threads and limit your pictures to the maximjum size ..I don't have time to explain or resize your pictures so i apologize for any inconvience you may experience > i know it takes time aand effort to make a thread and post pics but that is what we are experiencing.
GB

Snapshot
02-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the update and info Ben as we all need to pay a little closer attention so our(your) board will function as expected. I have figured out how to re-size my pictures to 320 x 240 and if I ( Mr non computer person ) can do that, so can most of you out there. I can only imagine how much time some of the admin. spends helping us. I personally have worn Vetto out and greatly appreciate his willingness to help me and others. However, his time is more important than mine as he works full time and had been sharing his family time for our picture posting. Vetto, Ben, I believe you should be give him a raise for his unlimited service for us.

Gentleben
02-14-2014, 06:38 PM
If i remember correctly i spend about an hour on the phone coaching you on how to resize them; it just did not take!! .
Thanks for the update and info Ben as we all need to pay a little closer attention so our(your) board will function as expected. I have figured out how to re-size my pictures to 320 x 240 and if I ( Mr non computer person ) can do that, so can most of you out there. I can only imagine how much time some of the admin. spends helping us. I personally have worn Vetto out and greatly appreciate his willingness to help me and others. However, his time is more important than mine as he works full time and had been sharing his family time for our picture posting. Vetto, Ben, I believe you should be give him a raise for his unlimited service for us.

Dutch
02-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Re-sizing pictures is straight forward if you have Windows. Open Windows Explorer and go find your picture. Double click on it and it will open in Windows photo gallery. At the top click on "open", and then click on "Microsoft Office Picture Manager". Then click on "edit pictures". Then at the right (on mine) click on 're-size pictures". Then there is an area near the bottom of the right side that has a % sign after it. Start hitting the down arrow, or just hold it down, and the size of the picture will show up below it as pixels and you can get it to any size you want. Then don't forget to save it. I usually add the word "smaller" when you save it so it won't over write your original photo. It sounds complicated, but it is all just a bunch of clicks. You can also use "auto correct" to improve the picture quality.

Bigl
02-14-2014, 09:22 PM
I use a free program from the apstore call
simple resize
It is quick and easy. One the set the size 640 by 480 it will come up as a default. You can easily reset it every time or leave it. It is worth looking at

Snapshot
02-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Oops, sorry Ben, I did not mean to overlook your efforts and training sessions. It was an unintentional oversight and we all know that you have sacrificed more time for us than we can imagine. I was hoping to remind everyone to work on the photo problems and not to count on others to insert them.

Print the instructions in the post above by Dutch and keep them handy as that should help reduce the problems of clogging up the board with large photos.

Thanks again Ben and all of the administrators and everyone else that contributes their time and patience for our benefit.