PDA

View Full Version : What has fishingTX done for you?

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
05-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks to fishingTX I have met several wonderful people but none any greater than Bigl or Larry Day. I met him at a gathering about four years ago when he was serving up some of the best Bar-B-Que I have ever had period. I never saw him again until today. He sent me an email yesterday and ask when I would be at home, he had something for me. Well my schedule is hectic with fishing and trips to the VA. I told him I would be in from fishing at 3 PM today. Well I drive up and his truck is in my drive. Larry and Nita was having coffee. He had his trusty side kick Dixie with him. if I didn't have Peanut I'd steal Dixie, she is that adorable.
Well on the jest of the matter he brought us a large cooler of venison and another of Bar-B-Que. This is enough meat to last us a very long time.
I ask Bigl why did he do this? He said for all that I have done for fishingTX. This man drove from his home near Houston to bring us this meat. I tell you it was all I could do to keep from crying. This is what fishingTX has done for me.
Not to leave out Ben, Lou, MrRod, and Veto for all the wonderful things they have done, but fishingTX is a great site and I'm thankful to be a part of it.

GILBERT G
05-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Great story and Mr Larry is a good person he also gave me some deer meat a couple of yrs ago
this site has some very good people and very helpful in many ways I would like to Thank Mr Ben
for having such a great forum we owe it all to him cause without this site we probably had never
met each other the musters is what really brought us together and everyone was welcome with
great joy although we talk more to some than others but in the end were all friends ...

Ben Thxs a Million for having me on the wonderful forum

vett0111
05-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Wow. Thanks for sharing this with us Jackie.

Larry is a class act. He is a heck of a BBQ pitmaster. Goes above and beyond at musters.

If it wasn't for FishingTx I would not have met a lot if great folks. I have fished with a lot of them due to meeting them through FishingTx. Just read my intro. If not for FishingTx and it great folks I would have worked myself to death by now.

Honored to know some great folks here. Ben thank you for keeping FishingTx going.

Proud to know great fellow FishingTx folks like Ben, Jackie ,Larry, Lou and many others count me as one of their friends.

Again thanks for sharing Jackie. This really helped reading today. There is still a lot of good folks willing to help each other out.

Larry my hats off to you buddy. Your a true friend to us all.

Lou The Fisherman
05-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Brother Jackie that was a very good write up. Even though you live and fish up close to the arm pits of TEXAS (that be dallas), you are NOT forgotten and we keep tabs on you in various ways. And YES, Mr. Larry is a first round draft choice in every way. BIGL does a lot of good things for lots of people, organizations, groups that he never ever mentions here on fishingtx. Most people don't realize this but when Larry cooks, he cooks mostly during the night. Most of the time he sleeps in his truck, gets up every two hours to check the temp and the meats etc. and the next day he is still in 4th gear rarin to go. He is a dear friend to fishingtx and we are proud and honored to have him with us.

Gentleben
05-21-2014, 11:36 AM
4 th gear I have actually seen him spin out!!
I am going to say that Bigl was "God Sent" Right about the time when my other buddies stole Fishingtx i was down, and just like Bigl ascended unto brah Jackies life, he Larry ascended like an angel on to Fishingtx and he told me he'd like to cook for us if we'd let him.
Ladies and gentlemen Larry has been a blessing to this board and to the owners of Fishingtx ..Many boards would love to be honored having Larry as a member of their team. yeah hehe when he cooked for us at BJs I took my RV for him to rest in. Larry is No 1 in m book.
Then there is KWCF send me a pm met with him coached and mentored this one world wonder and he can just naturally catch some fish..
Gator and his two boys cam out caught some fish gator would soon catch his first big fish ,
Flat Head Fred and his lovely family can always out on him.
Metal Cutter and bride always, there.
Many times it keeps me up at night when the server is acting up r there are booger bears in the horizon
I could catch a bunch of fish and feed you for one day or I can show you how to catch them and feed you the rest of your life and that is the Fishingtx mission statement.

The many schedule fishing trips and camping trips
Many many great people have I met

vETT0, CaSTNBLast, JK bee n here since NOAH landed great contributor . SO many many to name TexasT double DSaanppy Lou the Coon raiser , I will add more later
Thanks to all who contribute good stories and pictures

muleherder
05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
I came to the site to learn how to be a better fisherman, hoping to glean a bit of useful information and not get laughed at for the stupid rookie questions.

Oh but I was surprised to find so much more ....

Just as I was looking for information for my Palestine trip, TylerDan, red3fish and GFish helped me to have a great trip. And, so it goes with all of FTx, people helping people with helpful answers to your questions. I've fished with quite a few of the folks on this site and all have been great experiences. Other sites seem to have turned into nothing more than a bragging board - nothing more than fish pictures saying Look At Me. Here we have fishing reports and info on the hows and why's of catching.

And that's what FTx has done for me.

Thanks to Mr. Ben the sheriff that keeps it real and to all the admins and moderators that keep the site running. And we can't forget all who put on the Mustards. Larry cooks for 2 days prior to one of these and really goes out of his way to make sure it's a good one, as well as Vetto heading up cook team,2 freds, Metalcutter, Dutch, Snapshot, JackieBlue and so many more that I can't remember now.

Gentleben
06-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Her is one of the big reasons I love Fishingtx is his name is Marcus Villreal aka Vett011. Presented the Warden wit this beautiful work of art!!

Thank you guys for making this board one of a kind!!

thank u Marcus !!

vett0111
06-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Great you liked it Ben. Even better the a Warden loved it. She said that's getting hung in her new house. That is awesome.

Lou The Fisherman
06-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Thats a fine looking PIC of TEXAS. Now i see where my missing jug went to!! L O L

Gentleben
06-02-2014, 02:51 PM
yeah i wanted it for my"manCave "
Great you liked it Ben. Even better the a Warden loved it. She said that's getting hung in her new house. That is awesome.

Gentleben
06-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Thought your jugs were pink??
Thats a fine looking PIC of TEXAS. Now i see where my missing jug went to!! L O L

fish1
06-02-2014, 05:16 PM
gave me a place to share info and also receive info , good site , one day i'll meet some of you fine folks in person . till and after then , praise the Lord and keep posting !!!!

matt thorpe
06-02-2014, 08:04 PM
FishingTX is my Facebook. LOL. I don't have a Facebook account and refuse to sign up for on. Got what I need here.

danieltx11
06-02-2014, 11:15 PM
This site has great member only have gotten to meet a few of them but some has always answered a question when asked

Snapshot
06-03-2014, 04:17 PM
FTX has a lot of great people that with interest in about all of the outdoor sports and some are fishermen too. They will share experience knowledge and fun times with anyone but if you don't post a picture with your story someone might even offer to post them for you. Sooner or later Gently Ben will call for a MUSTER and that will give everyone a chance to meet and greet many of the members. Check out some of the past MUSTERS if you are not sure what we do at them. it's a great place to meet, eat and share some stories with everyone so plan on making the MUSTERS.