PDA

View Full Version : New scam

Dutch
10-22-2015, 07:45 PM
I was on Facebook this evening and got a "friend request" from one of my cousins who was already a "friend". In the ensuing Facebook chat, he said he was researching on-line to figure out how to spend the $90,000 grant he just received from the government. He said he had to send in $2,000 to get the money delivered, and that was when the bells went off in my head. I led him (or her) along to see what would develop. I said how is the wife... what is her name again? After about a minute pause, he came back with her name, including the last name, which he wouldn't have done. During the conversation, he used a swear work (**** yes!) which he wouldn't have ever used. It was then very clear that this wasn't my cousin, so I told the guy that I knew now that this was a scam and said goodbye. Beware of such contacts from your "friends" on Facebook.

vett0111
10-23-2015, 04:13 AM
Wow. Scammers are everywhere.

Gentleben
10-23-2015, 04:43 AM
Jus one more reason why I don't do facebook :hammer:

Gentleben
10-23-2015, 04:44 AM
Jus one more reason why I don't do facebook :hammer::hammer
Thanks for sharing could help someone else out.

luckydog
10-23-2015, 06:06 AM
It is a good thing the scammer didn't get any of your crappie jigs.

Lou The Fisherman
10-23-2015, 08:46 AM
It is a good thing the scammer didn't get any of your crappie jigs.

Yeah i agree Luckydog. Hey Dutch, you mite want to bring your crappy jigs over to my house for safe keeping. Just say'n.

vett0111
10-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Yeah i agree Luckydog. Hey Dutch, you mite want to bring your crappy jigs over to my house for safe keeping. Just say'n.

Bawhahaha.