PDA

View Full Version : what ever

minner skinner
12-07-2005, 06:55 PM
whatever happened to the Texas Prison Rodeo in Huntsville? use to go there as a kid and never knew what happened to it.

blsdd
12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
i suspect lawers got involved

Gentleben
12-07-2005, 09:56 PM
The Texas Prison known as "The Wildest Show Behind Bars," entertained thousands of spectators from 1931 to 1986. It was, rather, a rare chance for prisoners to watch spectators on every Sunday in October. When the 55-year tradition ended in 1986, primarily due to the deterioration of the old rodeo arena, the chance was gone forever.

minner skinner
12-10-2005, 12:19 PM
watching someone ride a raging bull for cigarettes was some great entertainment. i was told that if a prisoner was involved in any mishaps during the rest of the year, they would not be able to attend. this sounds like a way of reducing problems. come to think of it, the stadium was pretty old. i remember all the law enforcement that would roam the area. we are not talking about 9mm pistols here. they would carry some serious firepower. it was a sight to see. loved every minute of it. i wanted to take my kids to the TPR but its long gone. thanks for the history lesson GB, i never knew it was running for so many years.

Gentleben
12-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Gregory Crabtree PBR rodeo bullfighter dies last month fought bulls on national tv a long time , got killed by a bull-dozer . He lived in Flatonai. he was the tall guy with the basball cap.

The prison rodeo arena last time i saw it was very delapidated and my have even been removed by now ..