PDA

View Full Version : Above ground pool and decking

dan_wrider
05-29-2017, 02:05 PM
Anyone here build decks, put together above ground pools, or recommend someone that does?

mikechell
05-29-2017, 03:47 PM
If you've got any carpentry ability, at all, building a deck is very easy. There are plenty of plans available.

Other than that, I can't recommend anything.

dan_wrider
05-29-2017, 07:38 PM
I've got the ability to change my alternator as well, Mike But you can bet when it goes out I'm going to pull it into the shop and give it to a technician. Thanks for being so helpful though.:panneaux073:

Gentleben
05-30-2017, 08:11 PM
That there is what i be taking about ,find you some poor folks build it for you but dont pay then til they finish!!
I've got the ability to change my alternator as well, Mike But you can bet when it goes out I'm going to pull it into the shop and give it to a technician. Thanks for being so helpful though.:panneaux073:

dan_wrider
05-31-2017, 02:48 PM
That there is what ibe taking about ,find you some poor folks build eit for you but dont pay then til the y finish!!

After getting a few quotes, I highly doubt they are any poorer than me, Ben lol.

mikechell
05-31-2017, 03:24 PM
If you move to the Orlando area, I can recommend a few ... but I doubt they'll travel to you.

vett0111
06-04-2017, 12:10 AM
I know a couple framers not sure if the have done decks.

I had my shop guys make a deck off our back door at shop. I'll try and get pics posted on it.

Gentleben
06-20-2017, 09:23 PM
Go to lowes and look at their catalogs get some idears !!!

dan_wrider
06-20-2017, 09:43 PM
Oh, I've got plenty of ideas. DMG should be out to install the pool on the last Friday of this month. After that, I've got some ideas on the decking but they will have to wait till I financially recover from the pool. I'll post some pics here as the project goes forward.

Gentleben
06-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Do it buddy!!

fish1
07-21-2017, 12:26 PM
fella at work says to ask the yard service crews around your neighbor hood , also to ask any roofing crews working around you . he says he did this and found a guy to build his wooden fence .

dan_wrider
07-21-2017, 02:43 PM
fella at work says to ask the yard service crews around your neighbor hood , also to ask any roofing crews working around you . he says he did this and found a guy to build his wooden fence .

Thanks for the tip, Fish1. The new date for the pool install is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully by the weekend I can have enough water in it to use it. Like I said, I'll have to financially recover from the pool before starting the decking.

AthensMike
07-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Great advice from Fish1.
Dan, I have to level off a 33x 20 spot for a storage/ car port. Never done this before but the tractor will make it much easier. I don't even know the best dirt to get hauled in yet. When in doubt, go to YouTube. I'd be willing to bet you and a buddy could build a safe, sturdy deck.
What kind of fish are you going to stock in the pool?

dan_wrider
07-25-2017, 01:32 PM
Great advice from Fish1.
Dan, I have to level off a 33x 20 spot for a storage/ car port. Never done this before but the tractor will make it much easier. I don't even know the best dirt to get hauled in yet. When in doubt, go to YouTube. I'd be willing to bet you and a buddy could build a safe, sturdy deck.
What kind of fish are you going to stock in the pool?

Well, it is a saltwater pool. Spose i could stock a few trout in her lol.
As for building the deck, still not interested. If i can find someone to do it for a fair price, they can have at it. After putting in 55-60 hrs a week at work (if everything goes right) i'm not too interested in tackling a project like that in my time off.
On another note, DMG showed up this morning to install the pool.
I am at work, of course but the wife had off and is sending me pictures of their progress. Glad i didn't try to tackle this pool install as they got a whole crew that does this every day and this is as far as they have made it.

Lou The Fisherman
07-25-2017, 03:24 PM
A pool is good for one thing - and that is to test your fishing lures because you can see them and see how they run!! L O L
Good luck with the pool Mr. Dan.

dan_wrider
07-25-2017, 05:52 PM
A pool is good for one thing - and that is to test your fishing lures because you can see them and see how they run!! L O L
Good luck with the pool Mr. Dan.

I can think of a couple more things, Lou.
Anyway, they brought the wrong liner with them so this is the last update today. They will have to come back out to finish up tomorrow.

AthensMike
07-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Dan, I understand you. I have no less than 60 hr weeks, but a lot of that is commute time. Plus, you have a family. I'd pay someone to do it also. I have good friends who would curse me, in a loving way, for paying someone to do a project like this one. But they have families too and I would feel like crapola for asking for weekend time. I work my rear end off here at home on the weekends but I ENJOY it. Big difference.
Enjoy that pool.

vett0111
07-25-2017, 10:52 PM
Nice. Y'all will be swimming in no time.

AthensMike
08-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Just curious how the pool and deck turned out Dan. What kind of fish did you decide to stock in it?

dan_wrider
08-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Just curious how the pool and deck turned out Dan. What kind of fish did you decide to stock in it?

The pool has been quite the process, Mike. I'm really happy with the install but had to stop adding water for a few days till these guys could come back out and get some wrinkles out of the liner.
I am amazed at how long it is taking to fill this thing as well. I am on a well and trying not to burn it up so I can only run the well an hour or so at a time. Takes a while to pump out nearly 22,000 gallons that way. The goal is to be swimming by Saturday. Should be accomplished barring anymore hickups.
As for the decking, that is still a ways off. I have no extra money right now. Not a huge deal at the moment as the pool came with a ladder I can use till I get some funds together to start the deck.
If we get to take a dip this weekend, I'll snap a pic or 2 of it and update the thread.

AthensMike
08-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Time is on your side Dan. Get as many signed quotes as possible. I saved over $8000 on vinyl siding for our old house by waiting. I actually enjoyed the weekly phone calls where they miraculously found a way to do the job for less cash. It's hot here. Enjoy that pool Dan.

Gentleben
08-08-2017, 02:45 PM
:confused_1::Ques: why salt water :new_shocked:

vett0111
08-08-2017, 11:40 PM

So he can always get his salty water fix. Hehe.

dan_wrider
08-09-2017, 09:16 AM

Mostly because the salt water is supposed to be much less maintenance. At least that's what I've been told. We shall see if I EVER get this thing filled up.