PDA

View Full Version : I Phone hotspot

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
07-10-2017, 04:49 AM
Being as I've all but got the I Phone and beginning to expand my knowledge(not that hard to do)on the hot spot option. I understand it has the capabilities to run my computer off of the phone and also an available hotspot sold separately for $20 a month on a 2 year contract. I believe the phone has 10 gig of use before it slows down. I guess that is enough for me. Does anyone have first hand knowledge on this matter?

Gentleben
07-10-2017, 10:08 AM
not i said the blind man bu tshure vetto or some of the intellectral folks do would be good info for lots to have

mikechell
07-10-2017, 08:35 PM
I can tell you a lot about computers ... but as long as simple flip phones are available, I'll never own a "smart phone".
I spend enough time on computers at home and work. I have NO desire to take one with me fishing or any where else.

vett0111
07-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Info on iPhone hotspot

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204023

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203302

vett0111
07-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Depending on what you do with your phone.

I have not use the hotspot function in a long time. Only time I needed it as one was when I hunted S Tx. No internet at deer lease so used hotspot on phone so I could get laptop hooked up to internet so I could post on FishingTx. Lol. This was before I could post pics from phone.

We have a hotspot here in the boonies where I live now. High speed internet is not out here yet. I do most stuff from my phone or tablet.

Mike ,I'm telling you it great to have a smart phone in your hands. World of info at your fingertips. Lol.

07-11-2017, 08:58 AM
I'm so ready to get one and hope it will be later this month, waiting on a deal. Poor folks have poor ways.

vett0111
07-12-2017, 11:59 PM
I'm so ready to get one and hope it will be later this month, waiting on a deal. Poor folks have poor ways.

Smart folks wait on deals tho. Hehe

07-13-2017, 05:35 AM
Still waiting and hope for the end of the month when my little pal from up in Dardeg City slips back into town.