View Full Version : Relaxing

AthensMike
08-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Wifey suggested I fish a bit after another crappy day at the job. 40735 Good advice. Missed a decent one on the second cast using a plastic worm. Switched to a top water bait that hasn't produced a single hit. Sun had set and I thought it was prime time for a top water bait. Didn't even get a sniff. I was done at this point and got hung on a stick that is easily avoidable. I was trying to break off and it snapped back. Glad I had the rod tip low.

vett0111
08-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Man if that's a relaxing pic buddy hate to see your dangerous pic. Lol. Jk

Yes, amazing to see how fast a lure can fly once it bust loose from what's it hooked to.

What size worm fishy hit?

Gentleben
08-10-2017, 10:37 PM
:hammer:

dan_wrider
08-11-2017, 08:51 AM
May still be a lil warm on the top, even as the sun goes down right now. Lord knows I been hit by a lure or 2 as well lol.

mikechell
08-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Ouch.

AthensMike
08-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Zoom Mag II watermelon seed Vetto. Gonna fish again this evening. I need it like a hog needs slop after this past week. Gonna try a Zoom trick worm. June bug color. If you have any suggestions feel free to share.

mikechell
08-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Bass Pro Shop's Sticko ... 5 3/8" or 6" Watermelon Candy ... Texas rigged so that it is perfectly straight ... no weight if fishing less than 10 feet deep. A nail weight in the tail end if fishing deeper than 10 feet.

Cast out, let it sink on a slack line until you are sure it's on the bottom. If you're using braid superline or other limp line, watch the line, which will move towards the lure as it sinks and will stop when it hits bottom. If you see a "tick" in the line, instead of it just moving, then reel up slack and set the hook. After it sits on the bottom for as long as you can stand, then lift the rod tip and repeat the steps above. It is impossible to fish this method too slow. As slow as you can stand it still probably too fast.

Once it's on the bottom

vett0111
08-11-2017, 11:46 PM
7-10 inch Berkeley purple power worm. As mike said fish above.

Or Texas style with a 1/8 weight. Light and slow.

Keep eye on line. If it ticks/jumps reel in slack and set hook. A lot of times you will see line going moving away from you and not feel fish pick it up and start swimming with it.

Big bait big fish. lol. I've seen and caught sm bass on a big worm.

Watermelon ,Tequila sunrise are good colors too