PDA

View Full Version : Please make welcome Gettin' Jiggy

Gentleben
11-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Please welcome Gettin' Jiggy to this fabulous itty bitty tiny website where men are men and mice are mice !!!!!

We are glad you made it to FishingTX.Com, the smallest but non the less the friendliest fishing forum you will ever find.

We will not hold it against you that you know Athensmike he probably a good guy when he asleep
Take a look around the forum and you'll discover a real community of very different people interested in fishing from beginners to experts. What unites everyone is the desire to communicate, share, learn and discuss fishing, hunting and whatever.. It's great to see a new face. If you have a little knowledge, share it with us. We will all thank you for helping us get to know you better. We invite you to go to the Introduction forum and give us a little information about you, family, fishing preferences

Dutch
11-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Hi Gettin' Jiggy! Nice to see you over here too.

AthensMike
11-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Welcome.

vett0111
11-27-2017, 11:34 PM
Welcome aboard Gettin' Jiggy

Jump in and have fun

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
11-28-2017, 05:08 AM
When I saw the name it reminded of one I register under one time but mine was gettinjicky, at any rate good to see fresh faces or renew older ones. Speaking of which I have put in for a head transplant at the VA but was only offered to run my miles back.

vett0111
11-29-2017, 12:29 AM
When I saw the name it reminded of one I register under one time but mine was gettinjicky, at any rate good to see fresh faces or renew older ones. Speaking of which I have put in for a head transplant at the VA but was only offered to run my miles back.

Haha

Gettin' Jiggy
11-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Hey Dutch!! Looks like a couple of familiar faces around these parts, too. Just found this place this week!

Short aside...I was watching Men In Black when I came up with this name for another site. Wife vetoed it at first, so I went with a more boring name. BUT, I was shamed into asking a moderator if I could have it changed...and the rest is history :D

AthensMike
11-29-2017, 06:22 PM
Not sure if there is a more boring name than AthensMike.

11-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Back in time there was an upholstery shop in Athens the slogan was
Don's trim shop
off the square
but on the level

I don't know why I remember such things but being raised about 20 miles South of Athens was a good life

AthensMike
11-29-2017, 08:58 PM
JK, we love living here in Athens. Good life indeed.

vett0111
11-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Hey Dutch!! Looks like a couple of familiar faces around these parts, too. Just found this place this week!

Short aside...I was watching Men In Black when I came up with this name for another site. Wife vetoed it at first, so I went with a more boring name. BUT, I was shamed into asking a moderator if I could have it changed...and the rest is history :D
Make yourself at home here. Post up some of your hunting or fishing stories.

11-30-2017, 03:39 AM
At one time in the early 60's Henderson County had more millionaires than anywhere in Texas.

AthensMike
11-30-2017, 07:03 AM
At one time in the early 60's Henderson County had more millionaires than anywhere in Texas.

And gophers and moles.

Gettin' Jiggy
11-30-2017, 10:36 AM
Haha, nah, AthensMike isn't too boring of a name!

Speaking of Athens...have you guys ever fished Purtis Creek much?? We camp there about twice a year...I'm tempted to drag the boat up there one of these times.

AthensMike
11-30-2017, 06:51 PM
I haven't been to Purtis yet. I'd be willing to bet Jackie knows a bit about it.

12-01-2017, 06:22 AM
I've been to and fished Purtis Creek, aka stumpville. It is an idle only lake and very small about 500 acres I think. My friend Firecracker Rob Nicholson was once a big supporter of Friends of Purtis Creek. At any rate some influential person didn't like some of Robs ways so he resigned. I was donating trips to them but since Rob left I'm no longer a supporter nor do I donate to them. It is a good lake to go camp&bank fish and it has a good number of fish, just not my kind of lake.