PDA

View Full Version : Lil more salty fun

vett0111
12-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Got a call from BFT and he said hey a buddy called and said if we want to go fish at a private pier he has access to. Of course I answered yes before he finished. Lol.

With rain expected and front moving in we didn’t know what to the fishing would be like. We figured only way to know is go. We got there before sunrise. First cast in and already had a hook up with a sand trout. Sand trout were for sure on the morning bite. 30-40 mine after sunrise the bite stopped. We caught a few more but nothing like we were all catching them when we got there.

Also got a few nice sheepshead, small stingrays and the dreaded hardhead catfish. I only took a couple pics. I didn’t get pic of cooler with the fish we kept. We let the guy that invited us keep them. They were going to have a fish fry.

Pier was guarded by this creepy owl. Lol

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
12-04-2017, 05:36 AM
Sheepshead are some fine eating, to me best of all the croaker/drum family.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
12-04-2017, 05:53 AM
I also request the Saltwater section be removed from fishingTX, every time I look at I have an adverse reaction and start slobbering at the mouth and go into a jerking spell.

dan_wrider
12-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Lol, Jackie. I just experience extreme jealousy. Love those sandies. Take them over specs to eat any day as long as I'm cooking them before having to freeze them.

SKsCrappie
12-04-2017, 12:07 PM
That was a busy catchn trip.....WTG y'all....

Gettin' Jiggy
12-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Man...let the drooling begin!! Nothing tastes better than same day caught fish...I'll bet they were very happy to get the fish.

Gentleben
12-04-2017, 04:50 PM
ust be what wron gwith my bro wanna be wifes dawg he goes t oslobberig and can't stop
Thanks for story and pics
I also request the Saltwater section be removed from fishingTX, every time I look at I have an adverse reaction and start slobbering at the mouth and go into a jerking spell.

vett0111
12-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys.

Man this private pier was very very nice. House was beautiful. The old man that owns it hasn’t been there in over 2 years. He lives on big ranch in Hockley. Raises high dollar cattle. He even lets them use his boat. Lol. Tells them they are doing him a favor by using the place and boat. He has a grounds/maintenance guys that maintains the place. Pier goes out about 100yds into water. They have big lights for night fishing.

vett0111
12-05-2017, 12:47 AM

Haha.

dan_wrider
12-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys.

Man this private pier was very very nice. House was beautiful. The old man that owns it hasn’t been there in over 2 years. He lives on big ranch in Hockley. Raises high dollar cattle. He even lets them use his boat. Lol. Tells them they are doing him a favor by using the place and boat. He has a grounds/maintenance guys that maintains the place. Pier goes out about 100yds into water. They have big lights for night fishing.

You gotta give it a go one night and see if the specs show up.

AthensMike
12-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Vetto that sounds like a cool setup. Cattle guy is generous letting y'all use the pier. Before the ranch sold last year, I had access to 1250 acres in Wills Point to hunt and fish on. Lots of deer and hogs. I miss that place. Take every opportunity to enjoy the place.

vett0111
12-05-2017, 09:15 PM
You gotta give it a go one night and see if the specs show up.

Yup. I can’t wait.

vett0111
12-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Vetto that sounds like a cool setup. Cattle guy is generous letting y'all use the pier. Before the ranch sold last year, I had access to 1250 acres in Wills Point to hunt and fish on. Lots of deer and hogs. I miss that place. Take every opportunity to enjoy the place.

Plan on. We are going to see if we can find more places to wade fish and looking into kayaks. The guy that invited us just started fishing and got bite by the fishing big. He bought a kayak and wants to learn more on fishing. BFT and have showed him some places and teaching him what we know. We even helped him fillet the fish. Helping folks that are wanting to learn hunting and fishing is always a blast.