PDA

View Full Version : Question on acreage for deer hunting

Gentleben
04-11-2019, 10:31 PM
Ok here it goes how many acres do you need to be able to deer hunt or any type of hunting in Harris COunty TX.
I just called the TPWD communications hotline number a t 512 389 4848and was told there was no state law but i swear there is what say ya'll ??/
One of my neighbors house caught a stray bullet and another one fell in a apool but i been told by the loco game warden that it's alright though trepassing by projectile comes into effect at some point .

AthensMike
04-12-2019, 06:30 PM
House catching stray bullet ain't cool.

jeremy86360
04-19-2019, 09:41 PM
I think it will be a city ordinance that dictates it. In the Bryan college station area it used to be 50 acres in city limits. Outside city limits was no minimum acreage. Bullet cant leave the property. Not a state law on acreage but city ordinance usually.

One thing to note...some state discharge firearm. Some say weapon. So that may affect archery equipment too. Just have to read them closely.

Gentleben
04-19-2019, 10:10 PM
tHANK YO UJEREMY!!

vett0111
04-21-2019, 07:21 PM
I think it will be a city ordinance that dictates it. In the Bryan college station area it used to be 50 acres in city limits. Outside city limits was no minimum acreage. Bullet cant leave the property. Not a state law on acreage but city ordinance usually.

One thing to note...some state discharge firearm. Some say weapon. So that may affect archery equipment too. Just have to read them closely.

Thanks for the info