PDA

View Full Version : Welcome How come....

CajunDan
02-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I see all these welcomes and no replies from those that are being welcomed?

reedlv
02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Not everyone is as friendly as use and some are not as open with others. I now of serveral people who do not want to join the site because they are affraid of what may happen?????

Bubba Guidry
02-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I replied, I sho did. Twice! Bubba ain't sker'd. :D

dwaynez
02-02-2006, 03:06 PM
LOL,

Some people just take a while to warm up

Mulcade
02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
I replied, I sho did. Twice! Bubba ain't sker'd. :D
I did too! :p

I think the biggest reason is that the vast majority of message boards out there are not very receptive of new members and some are even hostile toward new members.

We have a very atypical board here in that we not only welcome our members, but in some cases we welcome them before they are even able to post themselves! (Two thumbs WAY up for the mods on this!)

Top that off with our members telling everyone they see about the board and encouraging them to join up and you have the grounds to call this board just plain weird.

We have a great thing going here and I don't see it stopping until they outlaw fishing!! (Woe be unto those who would even try....)

:cheers: :cheers:

saundecw
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Some are reluctant until they get to know a few people and get the feel of things. If they ever attend a muster or go fishing with some one on the site then it becomes easier when they find out how friendly everyone is and what a good time is had by all. A few may feel like they do not have the expertise about fishing to get involved, that was me a while back. I still don't have the expertise but sure enjoy the information shared here and I learn something every day. Hopefully when they find out how caring, sharing and friendly this site is, they will come around. I know they will enjoy it even more when they do.

OUTLAW
02-02-2006, 04:01 PM
When I was welcomed it was a few days before I knew about it. It was a busy time and had gotten off the first page before I noticed it. but thanks for asking, lol

john
02-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I think the meet and greet sure helps,but you don't have to meet everyone to know that it is a very friendly and informative site.It may take some people a little more time to realize.

reedlv
02-02-2006, 05:09 PM
That is some great input from all.

CajunDan
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
post up fellers. Don't be skeered... :)

Gentleben
02-03-2006, 12:16 PM
One of the guys said that they were not comfortable with strangers and had met with some very hostile, angry people, a couple of them have even bought the title of "Guides:" and I understand they all went to one website which is partially dead because of that , most of them come over here jus to get information for their board and to enjoy good freindly everyday "web fishing"
Many are very cautious and will not say anything for a while, some even go for years , they come, they look, they take, and they leave , not a problem here .:thinking:
It is the unwritten/written rule that there will be no wailing, bashing or nashing of teeth :icon_mrgreen: on this board as long as i own it. that is the reason for the many moderators and admins and they daily will remove obscene or unacceptable, negative posts, we never see them and i like it that way .`
Nothing but good happy , positive people is what we want here, all the others can keep on moving..
I want to thank all the moderators and admins who work so hard to make this board and the Musters what they are , and not only staff but we have many other members who join in on the welcoming and musters to make them a great sucess thank you guys too many to name but you all know who you are and I do too:hammer:

CajunDan
02-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Ain't nothing but friendly coversations hera. Differences of opinions is one thing but bashing is another.

dpiper
02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I guess its written now.

reedlv
02-03-2006, 04:44 PM
I think it is wrote plain and clear.

Gentleben
02-03-2006, 06:28 PM
:icon_rolleyes: Thank you Luke you are one of the elite!!:cheers:

Looper
02-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Seems like it takes some longer than others to get comfortable enough to say whats on thier minds.Others never do, but that don't bother me I enjoy looking around in the posts to see whats going on an speak up when I feel the need.Theres alot of fine folks on here worth listening to an getting to know.
No need to be shy might as well jump in an get your feet wet.
Looper

skeeter21
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I ain't skeered neither....Don't recall ever getting a welcome but fishingtx is the friendliest site I've ever checked out.

Randy
02-03-2006, 11:01 PM
We miss a few at times but these guys are on the ball.
http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2411&highlight=skeeter21

skeeter21
02-03-2006, 11:15 PM
If that would have been a snake..........I'd sure be in trouble........I swear I never saw it....Thanks - X - 8 apparently..

dwaynez
02-06-2006, 09:34 AM
We try to welcome everyone as they join the site, No need to be shy or reserved, make some posts and join in that is what this site is here for so that we can share fishing stories and get more people involved in this great sport we all love so much.

tarheel in tx.
02-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Well to tell the truth the last two times i got to fish the wind blew so hard i had white caps in the bait bucket.Knot a hold lot to report,but i do thank everyone for the warm welcome.

dwaynez
02-08-2006, 08:28 AM
We look forward to future reports tarhell in tx, we all have good and bad days on the water.

Looper
05-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Been away for awhile partly my fault partly the webs been having some trouble get here keep getting PAGE NOT FOUND.
To all those that have joined recently here's a BIG WELCOME to FishingTX
Your going to like it here.
Loop

NewCaneyFishingLady
05-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Looper, sounds like you emptied your temporary files, in order to get rid of that, PAGE NOT FOUND. That should be done periodically.