PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Welcome benmaples

saundecw
06-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Welcome to FishingTx benmaples!! Where do you fish and what for? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.

NewCaneyFishingLady
06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
:welcome:

Gentleben
06-25-2006, 07:58 PM
:question: Welcome how did you find us ??:bolt:

john
06-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Welcome to fishingtx!!!!

benmaples
06-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the Big ol' Texas welcome. Found ya'll by accident. My neighbor moved today & while helping her I inquired about an ol Evinrude [Lark maybe] 35 hp sittin in the corner of her garage in a 55 gal drum. She said it ran a year ago when her ex tried it out & she said I could have it for $5:applause: Well she wound up packing the 6-way ***** driver I was letting her use to take stuff apart so now we're even? I was trying to find a value on the motor,did a search for evinrude motors for sale in texas & here I am thanks to the fella that's selling about 135 motors down south of Houston LOL. Looks like a great site. I stopped fishing when all my kids were coming along. my dad passed back in Feb & my stepmom just gave me a bunch of his fishing stuff as well as suits & dress clothes for Church [no more jeans & Pierre Cardin Hawain print shirt Woo Hoo!] & now a boat motor. I think someones tryin' to tell me something like "you need to get those kids fishing" which is what my dad used to say but I didn't have the money to re-outfit myself & the kids. Now I have no excuse & some of the best times I had with my Dad was fishing out at the gravel pits near Bell Helicopter years ago. I remember catching about a 4' alligator gar there, my dad laughing his head off as I hacked at it with my hatchet while it was laying in the mud. Never did chop it in half but I sure wore myself & I think my Dad too from laughing so hard. Guess the biggest fishing adventure I ever had was 13 sandies on 12 minnows on Ceder Creek Lake back when I was 11. I lost the 12th minnow on #13,ran back to the bait shop,got another dozen & didn't get another bite the rest of the day. Time to start making some adventures with my younguns'. The youngest of 4 [a boy finally] is 1 yo now so I'm getting caught up on time & money. If any ya'll come to Lake Worth to fish shoot me an email & I'll send ya my ph# so if you get in trouble or whatever maybe I can help out. I live about 1/4 mile from the lake. Yeah I know & have no boat. Hopefully that's getting ready to change. Out a breath now. Thanks again.

BW3D
06-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Welome to FishingTX!!!

NewCaneyFishingLady
06-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Benmaples, thanks for sharing a very good story with us!!! I truly enjoyed it. That is what we are all about; sharing stories.

Many of my best fishing experiences were with my Dad, too.

Ughlee
06-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Welcome to FishingTx

BIGDAVE
06-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Ben, it's great to have you part of the FishingTx family! You don't have to have a boat, However you do have to have a camera. Saving the memories while fishing with the kids is priceless. Just make sure it is a digital so you can share whith us also!

dwaynez
06-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Welcome to FishingTx