PDA

View Full Version : Needy family needs a blessing

Gentleben
12-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Folks every year starting last year Fishingtx has blessed a needy Fishingtx family member and this year is no different so , this year we have a family who has a real need; the wife is sick and the husband owns his business and times are hard .How many kids the ygot Pipe?? Lady has many medical needs and he has no insuarnce so lets make some contributions to D. Piper in (their behalf)who will make sure this family gets the money to them by Christ-mass..
Thank you, Fishingtx family!!

saundecw
12-05-2006, 05:23 AM
Great!! Count me in.

Randy
12-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Count me in also, ya know, if this is who I think it is , he is a very privater person, and he charishes his family. I can only imagine what he goes through daily right now.

Gentleben
12-05-2006, 06:46 AM
It is, Randy, I mean it is not Randy, I mean it is who you think Randy and that's why it is staying private and Unspoken!!:thinking:

T-111-5
12-05-2006, 07:29 AM
I'm in .Just tell me where to send it to> Thanks for the post.

dwaynez
12-05-2006, 07:30 AM
I will send what I can, money has been real tight with all the lawyer fees, and such, but I do what I can. So Piper is the point man on this one, I will get something your way as soon as possible.

john
12-05-2006, 08:11 AM
I will do what i can..

dpiper
12-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Here is the scope.

Shortly after this man quit his job (14 - 15 months ago) to start his own business his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, which has since metastasized to her bones. Every time she gets started on chemo a bone breaks and they have to stop the chemo therapy to repair the bone. In the last several months she has undergone two hip replacements and arm surgery. Her latest surgery was on Thanksgiving Day. This lady has such a kind heart that she just want to apologize for being a burden. They have a ten year old son who is being passed around to family members while his father tries to care for the mother in the hospital. When the mother is not in the hospital it is a full time job caring for her since she is in great pain due to the broken bones and subsequent surgeries.

I personally can’t imagine what this family is going through but I’m sure it’s tough. I can say that this man’s mother and father have been a great help to them during this time of need.

Anyway this man would never ask for such help and his pride would try and talk us out of doing this if he knew.

FishingTx would like to give its members the opportunity to donate to the 2nd annual FishingTx Christmas Fund. All the monies collected will be given to this man and his family. It brings joy to mine and my wife's hearts to help out family and friends, especially if it’s unexpected.

By no means is a donation required by anybody. I understand that some may be very discriminating about who and where they donate. I know I am the same way. All donations will be kept strictly confidential by me. If the donor elects to disclose their donation it is at their discretion. If anybody wishes to know the amount collected I will post.

Make donations to:
Donald Piper
9841 Crane Court
Conroe, TX 77385

PS. If anybody is reluctant to donate because they don't know who this person is just PM me and I will privately disclose.
For question PM me or call me at 281.642.3751.

Merry Christmas

dpiper
12-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I would like to add that most important thing FishingTx members can do is to pray for this family.

croxt
12-05-2006, 09:59 PM
any way we can drop it off? i drive right past there every day on my way home.

dpiper
12-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Clark, I don't usually get home from work till 8p or later but I can make sure the wife is home. Just let me know date and time via PM. Or you can do like others and wait till the Muster weekend after next.

Thanks,

Donald

bigboy
12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to help, catch you at the muster.

Gentleben
12-06-2006, 10:33 PM
She'll loose it Piper !!!:offtopic:

dpiper
12-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Bump.

OCOE
12-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Is contributing at the muster too late?

Also,

Is there a 'schedule' of events? It would be nice to know when folks would be 'in camp' or 'out juggin'.

dpiper
12-12-2006, 12:39 PM
At the muster is fine. We would like to present the donation the week after.

No schedule to the muster except Saturday's fish fry usually take place between noon and three. But someone will always be around.

dpiper
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
I would just like to thank everybody for their selfless generosity. To date the FishingTx family has donated a whopping $505. I'm expecting an additional donation tomorrow via the mail. I plan on dropping the GIFT sometime between Tuesday and Thursday.

NewCaneyFishingLady
12-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Fantastic!!!! That is great!!

Ole Bill
12-18-2006, 01:08 PM
That is real good. :winner:

Gentleben
12-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Piper ask me to update the balance on The Christmas Fund we have an additional $200 bringing the total to $705.Thank you Fishing TX for you support

Pawpop
12-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Thats what makes this a great site the careing people, and my prays are with them, the Lord knows who they are.

dpiper
12-22-2006, 11:51 PM
First of all I would like to apologize for taking so long in making this post.

I meet up with Brett Radabaugh and his boy Payton Tuesday night after work and dropped off the gift that my extended family here at FishingTx generously donated to the Christmas fund. It was a good thing for us to do. This family is going through a very trying time.

It brought great pleasure for me to see Brett's gratitude peppered with several "Y'all shouldn't have". It couldn't have come at a better time for this family. The wife was getting out of the hospital the next day and the son was starting to have issues with his mom being away from home in the hospital so much. This family has been getting spiritual and moral support from their family and church. This is a strong christian family. I'm not sure how spiritual this family was prior to the cancer but I believe this adversity has brought them closer together and closer to God.

I just regret all of my FishingTx family couldn't experience the satisfaction and Heart swelling I had when I gave the gift. Thanks FishingTx.

Merry Christmas to all and God Bless this great group of people.

Below is an email Brett sent me the next morning.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Don,

To start off I would like to share w/ you, a little bit about Peyton {my 10 yrold son} he has been struggling w/ his Mom being gone so much and has recently like yesterday made statements to the effect that "mom want be home long and shell be back in the hospital" another one was blaming Dr's because she didnt come home when expected! last night after we parted company and me and peyton was returning home I shared w/ him what the folks on fishing tx had done, and expalained to him that even though bad things happen, God can still turn it around and he uses people {good people} to work it to his glory!! I believe I seen a little light go off in his head and heart!! please continue to pray for my son!! and that this trial will make him strong but not bitter!

I would like to thank all of Fishing Tx.com for there genorous gift @ this time in our lives!
I am humbled by the mere thought and action that has taken place, Am glad to be associated w/ such incredible, and carring folks such as y'all!
I consider myself and my family a blessed man to have the friends and family that God has brought our way thru recent events in our family's life.
My wife Regina is coming home tomorrow, and we look forward to a wonderfull Christmass together!! Thanks so much and God Bless!!!

Brett Radabaugh

Gentleben
12-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Thanks Pipe for me it is "better to give, than to recieve"!!:hammer:

saundecw
12-23-2006, 05:10 AM
Amen Ben!

Randy
12-23-2006, 06:14 AM
I love this place.

john
12-23-2006, 06:32 AM
That just goes to show how great the fishingtx members are and that people really do care.

Gentleben
12-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Das amlos a sermon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ole Bill
12-23-2006, 07:52 AM
it sure brings happiness to all when you see such gratitude and joy thanks for sharing D

bigboy
12-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks D for sharing with us,true meaning of the season.