ERIC HANSON
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle
TOOLS
Email
(javascript:void(0))Get section feed
(http://www.chron.com/rss/front/index.rss)Print
(http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4564311.html#)Subscribe NOW
(http://www.chron.com/subscribe)

A Meals-on-Wheels truck, loaded to the brim with food for senior citizens, was reported stolen today from a north Harris County apartment complex parking lot.
"It is frustrating. I can't imagine what they would do with that truck," said David Roberts, director of senior nutrition services for Meals-on-Wheels.
Roberts said the driver had just started making deliveries on his route about 8:30 a.m. when the Chevrolet truck was stolen from the Northwood Villas Apartments at 5000 Aldine-Mail Route.
The truck is equipped with an insulated box to keep the meals hot and Roberts said the vehicle should be easy to spot.
"Hopefully the will just leave it somewhere and not keep it," he said.
The driver has about 85 people on his route and Roberts said Interfaith Ministries, which runs the program, distributed shelf food, like crackers and can goods, to the seniors.
He said a backup truck will be used on the route Tuesday if the stolen truck is not recovered. Meals-on-Wheels delivers hot food to about 3,300 people Monday through Friday.
[email protected]
([email protected])

NewCaneyFishingLady
02-19-2007, 05:09 PM
I blame this on the people, "parents", that raised these children. Please, please, if you can't raise the children to know right from wrong, and to say Mam/Sir after yes or no, not yeah, PLEASE Don't Birth Them or Don't Keep Them.

No one ever died from being taught good manners!!!

gator
02-19-2007, 05:52 PM
shame you dont have to have a job and take a test to have kids

whitebassfisher
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I agree, it doesn't get much lower than that!

Ole Bill
02-20-2007, 09:19 AM
well i aint gonna get started on what i think of that but i am in total agreement when is the d#%$ government with their political correctness and the courts with their leaninancy gonna stop slappin wrists and start hard punishment for these hooligans and thieves.:grrr: :chop: :lighting:

whitebassfisher
02-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh, don't get me on my soap box. Practically every serious crime you hear about is done by someone out on parole. An example would be a recent robbery by a fellow who was convicted and received a 10 year sentence just 3 years ago, but he's already out to do it again!

dwaynez
02-20-2007, 09:35 AM
People have no class and no respect for others or themselves when they stoop to a level like this.

Ole Bill
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
yea i know what ya mean WBF ya say anything about what you would like to do to them and some d%^& dogooder will want to jump on ya and tell you what an animal you are cause you want to see these people locked up tight for a long time. its the liberals that have taken the sting out of being penalized for crimes committed all in the name of political correctness and given the criminal more rights than the victims. gonna get worse to cause the dogood people dont think its legal to protect yourself anymore and the police are to busy at the donut shop to care.

Pawpop
02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Well the good Lord knows who they are and I would'nt want to be them when He gets a hold of them!!

croxt
02-20-2007, 03:29 PM
just saw on channel 2 website....truck has been found.......lost 81 of the 85 meals on board but looks like no other damage. maybe someone needed a ride?

dwaynez
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Pathetic to steal from people who are in need. My Grandmother donated her time for years at the senior center here in town and helped deliver meals to all the seniors.

gator
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
they got the truck back minus 81 out of 85 meals

Scotta
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Someone hungry must of needed a ride :)

gator
02-20-2007, 07:43 PM
i was nowhere near that truck and i did not have relations with that truck