Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't use Aquasafari Charters!!!

gus

Don't use Aquasafari Charters!!!

We took my buddy out "deep sea fishing" for his bachelors party on 5/2. I had heard reports of how rough the seas were going to be for several days before. I called the captain and asked if if we should reschedule. We would not have been able to have the bachelors party but we could have at least saved our money. The catain told me that he would make sure that we caught fish and give the guy a good trip. We showed up at Aquasafari Charters in Galveston at 6 AM with reports of 6'-8' seas. I again asked the captain what he thought about the trip. He said that we were good to go. So we paid him $2510. We went to the end of the jetties and fished for 4 hours and caught 1 gafftop. By that time we had seen enough and told the captain that we all had boats and could fish the jetties anytime and would rather come back another day to finish our trip. The captain then decided that he would move out to deeper waters. We ended up going out to the first rig in federal waters and never caught anything else. I understand that it is called fishing and not catching but we gave the guy every opportunity to go another day and he assured us that we would have a good trip. Not to mention the fact that he never even attempted to apologize for the pitiful trip that he gave us for $2500. I have been on many off shore trips but if this had been the first I would certainly have never gone again.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    well i think a few emails from the fourms could change his mind or his bussiness for sure
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    I, for one appreciate good information like taht not that i would ever book a fsihing trip but i tis good fro otehr people to know !!
    Thanks for teh infromation ,

Scotta
    I use to take a lot of guided fishing trips and have had only one bad experience. You should of just booked a trip with jackie and ben done with it. I'm truly sorry to hear that. 1 gaftop! thats absolutely ridiculous.

Obsessed Jugging Addict Master in FishingTX kingwoodcatfisherman's Avatar
    Gus, sorry to hear about your bad experience. As my Dad would say that was one expensive gafftop catfish ($2,510) !!!!!!!! That's alot of money ! You could have bought my bass boat from me and still had money left over !
    A bad day fishing is better than a great day working ! :fart:

Live your life to the fullest !! That way when you die, the preacher doesn't have to lie.

RAYSOR
    Gus, sorry to hear about your bad experience, I think with the cost of fuel now there might be a few more bad ones to show up, don't give up still plenty of good ones out there,

john
    Thanks for the info.Sorry to hear you got taken..

Ole Bill
    sorry ta hear about yer experiances but i think if he was such a great guide he would have offered you another day ... sounds like he is living on a shoe string business going out on a day with six to eight foot seas. thats not just good thats dangerous.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I have been on a few trips like that and luckily I got with some good guys. I would make sure you let the guy know how disappointed you were, send him an email or something and if he is a standup guy he will do something for you.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

gus
    I talked to the guy that day and he didn't as much say I am sorry it was a bad day. I have sent him an e-mail and expressed my feelings and he didn't even have the courtesy to reply.