Thread: Arlington fishing&Outdoor show

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar

Arlington fishing&Outdoor show

This is just my opinion and others may differ:
    I was able to attend the tackle show because of a customer changing his trip from Sat. to Sunday because of high wind.
    I went to the Arlington show on Saturday. I rode with a friend, another friend paid for parking, another friend, a guide with a booth, provided me a free ticket. My total cost was ZERO, and that's exactly what I got from the show ZERO. It was the biggest bunch of nothing i have ever experienced. I haven't been since the show was moved from Big Town in Mesquite over to Arlington probably five years, maybe more. Very few vendors, boats, or guides. the show was nearly half the size of what it use to be. If someone would have given me $1,000 to spend while at the show, yeah fat chance, I would have had it all when I left.
    Was this the way the Houston show was? I hope not. Maybe not since the Houston area has a lot of saltwater stuff plus the freshwater.
    I do feel this is somewhat tied to the economic downturn and don't look for it to improve anytime soon.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    we just finish the boat show our fishing show is in march. i like going but its usually a so so show. good place to meet the guides usually pick up a marina or two free launch tickets. some deals on fishing tackle
    http://www.houstonfishingshow.com/
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Obsessed Jugging Addict Master in FishingTX kingwoodcatfisherman's Avatar
    I didn't make it to the Houston show this year but I heard that it was a good one from Kingtut's report.

That show could be a sign of the economy too and an indication of many of those vendors and dealers decreasing or non existing marketing budgets from a slow previous year of sales and smaller net profits !!!

Sorry to hear the show was so losey !! That is a drag !!! I would have been disappointed too !!!
    A bad day fishing is better than a great day working ! :fart:

Live your life to the fullest !! That way when you die, the preacher doesn't have to lie.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX KingTut's Avatar
    I go to the fishing show every year. I hope they haven't down sized ours here in Houston. I always enjoy it. I think the boat show did so well because of all the insurance replacments after Ike moved thru here. I heard it was the best show as far as sales in many years.
    "Old Guys Rule"

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I have not been to a show in quite some time, i usually have a better time at BassPro Shop or a large tackle store like Academy when they put on shows and demos.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain