Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wade fishing

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler hobo247's Avatar

wade fishing

Has anyone been fishing the San Luis Pass or Surfside beach front the last few days? I'm looking for a water condition report before making the long drive. Green to the beach would be nice, but that only happens during the week when i'm working.

Scotta
    My buddy went there thursday and did ok on sharks. He said the water was so so. The thing about a report in that area. I could tell you its green now and by the time you get there it would be chocolate. I would say head down. You can always find some fishable water. If the coast is brown, the flat off the ship channel is usually good on the way to Sea Wolf park. Just take some repellent to get through the woods. Once in the water, they wont bother you.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Did he catch the sharks wading?

Scotta
    Nah, they used a yak to get there bait beyond the breakers and then high tailed it to shore before he got a hit. He is kind of faint at heart but loves to fish. He is a newbie. He just bought a boat. Actually, he ended up buying two. A regal and a malibu. I am trying to convincde him to sell the regal. Why he never owned a boat and bought 2 in less than two weeks is beyond me. I got him hooked up with a catfish hole I knew of in Lake Paula and he is excited about freshwater now. We were suppose to go to lake conroe to fish today but somehow he got 5 girls and himself out and our fishing trip got kicked to the curb. Such is life!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    my buddy just called he said they killed the specks at the sunken ship near sea wolf park.

Scotta
    Thats old concrete ship is great. you can wade to it by taking the dirt roads on the left on the way to sea wolf park. I worked at a rehab for 2 years in la marque and didnt have to do anything till 5pm. I know every wade fishing hole in galveston.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotta9669 View Post
    Thats old concrete ship is great. you can wade to it by taking the dirt roads on the left on the way to sea wolf park. I worked at a rehab for 2 years in la marque and didnt have to do anything till 5pm. I know every wade fishing hole in galveston.
    :question:Hey scott maybe you can head up a wade fishing trip for fishingtx members. Like we do for white bass on livingston.

Scotta
    That is a good idea. Lets see what we can do. I will have to get my salt hat out and dust it off. It's been a while.

Sounds like a plan. I miss the salt as well. Been a while for me. I so rusty at it but it will come back quick. When we it the water

Salty Finatic FishingTX Skilled Angler fishin'lunatic's Avatar

Thumbs up

Shoot fire, I'm in. Gonna be getting the Jugger situated in Sam Houston on august the 22nd. Spent this past friday and saturday doing the parent orientation thing. Got a letter also letting him know that he received another scholarship worth 10k, woo-hoo. The nest will be empty, no more show animals either. Would love to hook up with some of my brother's bunch.
    A nation of sheep, breeds a government of wolves.