Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: christmas lights!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX dbldaddy's Avatar

christmas lights!

My family and I, tried driving around to show my oldest son some lights. Not many to b found. Now I have not gotten to put my lights up yet either, but I wanted to ENCOURAGE u guys to get the family together and decorate. Slowly but surely less and less ppl are decorating. Its great family time, no other feeling in the world wen u see kids eyes lighting up looking at the lights, and will bring u and ur kids together. I realize some of ur kids may b grown, but it sure would b a good excuse to get them home. After all, aren't we a FAMILY forum?!?!? I know this isn't fishing, but family is really starting to be #1 in my life.
    P.s. I will have my lights up before the end of the week

Moderator Master in FishingTX ruskeltheblackbassman's Avatar
    your right, we havent put lights up in 3 years, i should do that this year. and i will take pics, you should take some too!
    Keep your hooks sharp, and your rods stiff. R.I.P. Mike Bates ( Bass Tracker )

Obsessed Jugging Addict Master in FishingTX kingwoodcatfisherman's Avatar
    Mike go down kingwood drive pass the firestation. At the next light to left into woodland hills subdivision . As you enter go left and right along that first street you come to that runs parallel to kingwood drive . In the past , almost every house will have lights and decorations up .
    A bad day fishing is better than a great day working ! :fart:

Live your life to the fullest !! That way when you die, the preacher doesn't have to lie.

Jeff, that's exactly where we went! Ur right last year and previous years were awesome. This year:

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    same in our neighborhood in years past when we first moved hear we all had small kid`s now they`r married or in college and we are a bunch of old folks now and no one decorates anymore but it was a great feeling when we would drive into our street and every house was lit up .
    same goes for holloween this year we only had 3 trick-r treaters no kid`s in our HOOD

gilbert this year we had ZERO my hood is deserted lol.

See wat I mean? I just want to encourage our members to be the ones that do decorate, that do spread holiday cheer, and do call it CHRISTmas. Not happy holidays,not seasons greetings, and not happy x-mas. Its christmas for pete sake!

right, Jesus, does anyone know what he did? come on.
    Last edited by Gentleben; 12-25-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbldaddy View Post
    See wat I mean? I just want to encourage our members to be the ones that do decorate, that do spread holiday cheer, and do call it CHRISTmas. Not happy holidays,not seasons greetings, and not happy x-mas. Its christmas for pete sake!
    Well put Mike.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    My wife and I got all of the inside and outside Christmas lights up yesterday.

Regarding Halloween, I had 78 kids. My wife makes up 100 bags of assorted candies and we had 22 left so I believe new math would put that at 78.

Jesus was born on Christmas 25th Ruskel.