Thread: No power

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Metalcutterr's Avatar

No power

When I got home today there was no power. So I took the battery out of the boat and got the power inverter from my hurricane supplies so we could have light. Lea Ann said she called reliant and they said the power would be back on by 6.00Pm. At about 5.30 I drove around the neighborhood to see if I could find out what was wrong. Turns out a tree fell on some power lines. 6.00 came and went still no power. So we went get a bite to eat, when we got back about 7.45 it was back on. Just wanted to see if anybody had some cheap Ideas for a little power then the power goes out.
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX muleherder's Avatar
    Sorry you were without power. But it looks like you're prepared with the hurricane supplies. Funny how you get to depend on it.

I love the new avatar. Talk about fishing by the skin of your teeth.
    FishMaster 192
    Suzuki DF 115

My Stress Relievers

Senior Member Master in FishingTX dbldaddy's Avatar
    I saw tractor supply had. 4k surge and 3500 running power generator for only 299 bucks. Good deal.

I did not have the inverter when Ike hit but 3 weeks later I got it. Also have a generator now. Just did not want to move all the stuff piled on top of it when the power should be back on in an hour.
    And thanks on the avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by muleherder View Post
    Sorry you were without power. But it looks like you're prepared with the hurricane supplies. Funny how you get to depend on it.

I love the new avatar. Talk about fishing by the skin of your teeth.
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Good looking set up. Thanks for sharing

Obsessed Jugging Addict Master in FishingTX kingwoodcatfisherman's Avatar
    I have that same size in my bass boat. What can you use it for ? Fan , light and a radio. My fancy coffee maker that I wanted to put in it is 1400 watts so I guess it won't run it.
    A bad day fishing is better than a great day working ! :fart:

Live your life to the fullest !! That way when you die, the preacher doesn't have to lie.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Gotta have the Fancy coffee maker. LOL

This was the first time I had a need to use it. I only powered a light. I like it is very easy to setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwoodcatfisherman View Post
    I have that same size in my bass boat. What can you use it for ? Fan , light and a radio. My fancy coffee maker that I wanted to put in it is 1400 watts so I guess it won't run it.