Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember the Ed Sullivan Show

Moderator Master in FishingTX Bass Fishin Tejanos's Avatar

Remember the Ed Sullivan Show

I was watching channel 8 and they were airing the Classis Ed Sullivan and some of the famous Rock n' Roll acts of the great late 50's early 60's. The Beatles first show in The U.S, the Mammas and Pappas, The Four Seasons with their "Big Girls don't Cry"hit. Boy those were the days. I wish I could of been around in those years.

What are some of yalls favorite songs for back in the days? Any stories you guys would like to share of yalls crazy days from back then maybe.
    BFT.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Were you watching channel 8 or history channel??? LOL Jk
    Your showing your age there " E ". Isn't that right Lou?

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Jerry Lee Lewis doing "Great Balls of Fire" in about '56 or '57
    When you hit Ed Sullivan you was world wide.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Moderator Master in FishingTX Bass Fishin Tejanos's Avatar
    I never would of realized that his show would be such a huge stepping stone for so many English bands.
    BFT.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX bearwhiz's Avatar
    I can remember as a kid sitting with my parents watching the Ed Sullivan Show on Sundays nights. I think it was on CBS. After that it was Bonanza on NBC.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Even a boy from Memphis, Ten was on the show and went on to have a hit or two. Believe his name was Elvis.
    Back in those days you had ABC, NBC, CBS and maybe an independent so four choices of TV stations, at the most.
    Every kid watched Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger&Tonto, Cisco Kid, Gunsmoke, and The Mickey Mouse Club,(Annette was my girl friend-I shared her with about 6 million, or more other young guys.
    At night it was Dragnet, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rebel, Wanted Dead or Alive, The Texan, Amos&Andy, Groucho (Who do you trust or Do you trust your wife), Patty Page, Whats My Line, I Love Lucy. Some of the good old times greats
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX bearwhiz's Avatar
    Lets not forget the really good cartoons back then: Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, Oggy Doggy and Doggy Daddy, and the old Bugs Bunny cartoons. And don't forget Mighty Mouse.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX muleherder's Avatar
    Yeah i remember that kid from Memphis singing You ain't nothing but a hound dog. All the old folks called him Elvis Pelvis and tried to ban him from TV for being too obscene.

And them I remember the juke box at the Student Union Building at Odessa College playing Gitarzan by Ray Stevens back to back to back for a week straight. Never did get so tired of one song in my life.

But the biggest stir had to have been all the kids in seventh grade talking about some English band on Ed Sullivan singing I Want To Hold Your Hand.
    FishMaster 192
    Suzuki DF 115

My Stress Relievers

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar

TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Fishin Tejanos View Post
    I was watching channel 8 and they were airing the Classis Ed Sullivan and some of the famous Rock n' Roll acts of the great late 50's early 60's. The Beatles first show in The U.S, the Mammas and Pappas, The Four Seasons with their "Big Girls don't Cry"hit. Boy those were the days. I wish I could of been around in those years.

What are some of yalls favorite songs for back in the days? Any stories you guys would like to share of yalls crazy days from back then maybe.
    man now I know your Leg is really hurt !!!

watching the ED SULLIVAN Show .:114:

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muleherder View Post
    Yeah i remember that kid from Memphis singing You ain't nothing but a hound dog. All the old folks called him Elvis Pelvis and tried to ban him from TV for being too obscene.

And them I remember the juke box at the Student Union Building at Odessa College playing Gitarzan by Ray Stevens back to back to back for a week straight. Never did get so tired of one song in my life.

But the biggest stir had to have been all the kids in seventh grade talking about some English band on Ed Sullivan singing I Want To Hold Your Hand.
    MH You from Odessa?