Thread: Laptop died

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Metalcutterr's Avatar

Laptop died

My laptop won't stay on for more than an hour. Fan not working an it is attached to the motherboard $300.00 to fix. So went spend $550.00 for a new one. Now I have to transfer everything over to the new one.
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX RodBender54's Avatar
    I am about to do the same thing. A guy at work is a computer guru and he is going to completely wipe everything off of mine a start over. I can't stay on for 5 minutes now without it locking up. Thank goodness for my wifes computer.....good luck on the transfers.
    Bending rods and stretching line is my Hydrotherapy.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Nuttin' like a new computer, after it's up and going, learn all the new buttons and etc. you will wonder how you ever got along without it. Something to really make your day, I'm sure thankful for mine.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

fishaholic35
    mine flickers white screen when start up but it gos away after a few seconds

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Metalcutterr's Avatar
    Thank goodness I have Internet on my on my phone. So I can get my fishingtx fix! Lol!
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Obsessed Jugging Addict Master in FishingTX kingwoodcatfisherman's Avatar
    My wifes 07 hp notebook $2200 could not be fixed reasonably so the repair guy gave me $100 for it to use for parts . I met another repair guy last week with an hp notebook for $250 that I bought . It was much faster , 240 more gig and 2 more gig of memory plus a web cam , fingerprint reader , case, and totally loaded with software - the new windows, anti virus, ms office , and a few others .

I brought it home and showed it to my teenage daugter and I haven't seen it since !!!! Lol
    A bad day fishing is better than a great day working ! :fart:

Live your life to the fullest !! That way when you die, the preacher doesn't have to lie.

Scotta
    I could come put that fan in for you and you would have a backup. Now that you have a backup I would break that one down and put that fan in. Pretty simple and you will get a lot of useful info when breaking it down. I am sorry I dont know your back ground but when I tore down my first one I was like this is too easy to fix to ever take it in for anything hardware or software for that matter

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Maybe that's what's wron gwith me my motehrbaord and fan are wore ou tI can hardly sta yup for an hour BWHAHHAHAHAHHA:Chammer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalcutterr View Post
    My laptop won't stay on for more than an hour. Fan not working an it is attached to the motherboard $300.00 to fix. So went spend $550.00 for a new one. Now I have to transfer everything over to the new one.