Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion Discussion

Senior Member Master in FishingTX

Home Invasion Discussion

We are considering January 19 as the date for Eric to meet up with FishingTX members at my residence and having an informal discussion regarding crime prevention, home defense options, weapons and ammo choices, things he has seen on burglary and home invasion scenes, and what to do when the police arrive. He is not a certified instructor, but has been lucky enough to attend some really good training schools regarding these topics. He can also share what he has seen on the streets as well regarding burglaries and home invasion.

He cannot however, discuss in depth the tactics or run scenarios with attendees. With that being said, He is able to discuss whatever you want. I believe that he has some information that will prove beneficial and I hope that everyone will bear with him because he says he is no instructor.

You are welcome to bring a gun, but we insist that it remain unloaded while you are here.

Here is a list of topics Eric plans to discuss:
    1. Weapons and ammo selections
    2. Grips and shooting postures
    3. Lights
    4. Covert searching
    5. Active shooter scenarios
    6. Residence crime prevention
    7. And if time permits, he can discuss vehicle defense options..

He will provide copies of the current legislation, but will not be allowed to interpret any portion of it as that would be considered offering legal advice, which he is not allowed to do as a police officer. Eric can discuss it, but can’t really get too much into it. He can provide some tips when invoking but that's about it.

We cannot allow any convicted felons to attend. All attendees will be required to sign in with their complete name, date of birth and Texas Driver’s License number for Eric’s records.

I know we have mentioned cooking and eating some good food, but I have no desire to miss anything Eric has to say. I think this would work if we had an AM meeting, because Eric can finish his discussion and maybe then we could then do a little cooking.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    Rod, this is a great opportunity for all of us and I hope everyone appreciates this generous offer and will stick to the ground rules. There are not many professional people that would consider this and we are most fortunate to have him mengle and associate with us.
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Sounds like a great get together.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Who is Eric? Is he a member here? Just curious.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Eric is a longtime member and active on the board. His board name is Evisue'sDaddy. Eric is a Houston Police Officer who volunteered to do this because the subject came up and he thought he might be of assistance. The conversation started with this thread http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showt...-do-you-prefer

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Cool, thanks Mr Rodsmith.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

sounds like a plan to me....

I think for food, FishingTX might donate a couple of the big picnic plate type things from someplace like Walmart.

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler eviesue'sdaddy's Avatar
    For those who weren't a part of the previous thread that rod posted a link to, we were having a discussion regarding home defense and crime prevention tips. Although I am no instructor, I have been through numerous tactical schools and am assigned to a unit that specializes in educating the public regarding residence crime prevention.. I will be covering lots of topics, but will focus on tips for setting up your home to hopefully minimize the chance of burglary or home invasion. I will be discussing what I have seen on burglary scenes as well as home invasion scenes, which are becoming much more common than they used to be.
    Like I stated, I am no instructor and this will not be a formal setting by any means. However, I believe that I can provide some information to whoever is interested that will be useful.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX KingTut's Avatar
    Just let me know when-I'll be there! Thanks, Eric! Sounds very interesting and anytime spent with my fellow fisherman is a good time!!!!!
    "Old Guys Rule"