Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anahauc WLR malice intent?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX KingTut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou The Fisherman View Post
    None of this makes sense. i am surprised that TP&WD hasnt responded to this by now.
    I should have posted an update sooner. A Texas Parks & Wildlife Game Warden called me at 9:30 PM that same night! I am glad to report also, that she was not too happy about the intentions of whomever strung the chain. She was very concerned about the duck hunters in the morning and was going to be out there before first light. See why I think the world of our Texas Game Wardens?

As far as removing the chain, it was hammered in place with large nails and I was a long ways away from the tool box in my truck.
    "Old Guys Rule"

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Thanks for the update KT
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CastnBlast's Avatar
    Wow, somebody was a royal d-o-u-c-h-e to put that chain there! My guess is it was meant to keep duck hunters out of the area, even though it's a public waterway. Wouldn't keep an airboat out, but sure would tear up the lower unit of an outboard motor. Maybe even cause serious injury if the lower unit caught the chain at a high speed.

I've come to the conclusion that people are freaking nuts nowadays . . . about 12 years ago while duck hunting the ANWR (down in that same area) we had another duck hunter come pull the plugs out of our boat while we were hunting a pothole about 400 yards from the boat. Our boat was resting partially on the bank, but he pushed the boat off the bank, pulled the plugs, got rid of the plugs (probably threw them in the canal), and left the boat swamped with water. We found out who it was later and pressed charges . . . so he got a nice day in court with fines to pay.

I never experienced this, but heard some stories from back in the 70s about folks stringing piano wire across the waterways in the Wallisville Project north of I-10. It's government land of course, but some backwoods rednecks must have thought the whole property was theirs . . . or they were trying to keep the game wardens/Army Corps of Engineers rangers out.

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler FishinAddict22's Avatar
    Wow, instead of using the money they will pay in fines or jail time they could have just paid for a nice duck lease... What goes through peoples heads where they would rather inflict injury or property damage on others?

The Pit Master Moderator Master in FishingTX Bigl's Avatar
    It could just as easily been duck hunters trying to keep fishermen out.
    Some duck hunters are a strange breed.

Low and Slow BBQ Team

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler acdanman66's Avatar
    you got me. I do not understand or know why someone would do this, that has trouble written all over it for someone, I am glad you saw it before you did run across it and tear your lower unit all to pieces.
    Life is simple just add water.

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Since their bridge got destroyed they put the chain cross there so they can tight rope to the other side!!!
    What else would they put it there fer LOL!