Thread: Animal control

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Animal control

Recently, there have been a few stray dogs in the neighborhood and a couple of the neighbors have been concerned and have called the dog catcher but they tell her they can not come unless you catch the dog and hold It for them and all other kinds of excuses ,
    well today the big stray dog attacks and mauls the small dog the neighbors let run loose and craping in everyone's yard . I think he broke his back , as all he could do was yelp..

Here in is the kicker, the big dog the attacker belongs to the niece of the victimized little dog.. we live in the city limits and have a lease law which this folks don't believe in.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Ask for a catch em alive trap, they will provide these and when you catch it call em. The state has a leash law. I love dogs but people need to comply with laws and do the right thing.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

This time it was another dog , what will it be next time , a kid a senior citizen or big fat me ??

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Yup requests a large catch them live trap.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Or just digg a couple holes in tha ground for'em..... May sound harsh but some are better taken out than dealing with tha problems they bring, I am a dog lover but ya just can't support all of'em....

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    Or just digg a couple holes in tha ground for'em..... May sound harsh but some are better taken out than dealing with tha problems they bring, I am a dog lover but ya just can't support all of'em....
    Amen. Half the problem with dogs is strays. The ones people aren't man enough to take care of them so they dump them. Makes me sick.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Senior Member Master in FishingTX 1448 BASSIN's Avatar
    While not necessarily strays but we’ve had a problem with the neighbors dogs getting lose and attacking the smaller dogs in their (smaller dogs) yard in the past. My sister’s smaller dog was one of them. Some dogs were picked up but they just get more. On two occasions the sheriff dept. was called out and we talked, and they went and told the neighbors if their dog was seen in the wrong yard again they would be shot!

I know what you are saying Brian and 1/2 way agree with you ..My pet poodle was killed in my back yard while tied to a run by a neighbors dog whom he claimed was not his but it was a stray that he was feeding it .I drug his **** to Judge Tom Lawernce court and he had to pay $250. for letting the dog run loose we never got alogng after that so .Guess best way is just get rid of them in a nice way

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Bgbluecat's Avatar
    Two large dogs running loose from a neighbors yard pulled my rat terrier through my mesh fence and killed him. Animal control came out, viewed the corpse, took my statement and visited the neighbors. Came back over and stated that she had issued a warning citation for unrestrained dogs. Said I could take them to small claims court. After her departure I donned knee and elbow pads, athletic shoes and went to the neighbors and pounded on the door. No one came out despite hearing activity within. I gained no satisfaction......

There is a common carcass dumping area at my deer lease. Evidence was that opportunists were helping themselves. I set wolf snares about the area hoping for some coyote hides. All I caught was dogs. This went on for weeks. Lease is well away from any residences/ranches/etc. Can only assume these dogs were dumped in the country. Never did catch a coyote.....
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Speaking of dogs and the dirtbags that dump them, my dad and I went to check out our area of the creek an 1/1/15 and going down the trail into the woods ran into these 5 lil guys huddled together and wimpering.
    If anyone wants a dog, they have until lunch time today to swing by Gullo Mazda or holler at me and I will save them one. The rest will be going to the pound.
    One of them is already spoken for.
    I can't fathom what kind of pos it takes to leave these 5 pups huddled up in the middle of nowhere to die.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist