Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OIl is in the toilet once again!

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar

OIl is in the toilet once again!

Oil is boom and bust the last bust last about 12 years. They cut up and sold drilling rigs for $35 a ton on the scrap market. One man in Weatherford sold a rig he had 1.6 million in for $35K. When it's good it's real good but when it goes South diesel pickups, luxury automobiles, boats, homes, and high dollar motorcycles will be repoppedd. Building in Houston and Dallas will be easily rented very cheap as fly by night, and even some mid size oil companies bite the dust. Work over rigs once drew $85 per hour now they are $350-400. Midland and Odessa will once again look like ghost towns, if they don't have oil they have nothing. Truck drivers in North Dakota making $1500-2000 a week get real they are all about to get laid off if they haven't all ready. Just what do all these oil patch workers plan to do now?
    The biggest part of these people lived hand to mouth or paycheck to paycheck and never saved a penny, even the overnight millionaires who spent like it was going out of style. Does Homeless enter into there conversation, well it's about to. The banks don't care what you was once worth, what have you done for me lately-make a payment or bamboos. Look for people to be jumping out of and off of tall building in downtown Houston and Dallas very soon. If the oil companies didn't see this coming they are very short sided.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    wha cha tring ta say JK??

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme matt thorpe's Avatar
    I hate to hear of anyone lose their job or worse their house. But I for one ain't complaining about the gas prices. I'm one of those check to check guys unfortunately

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    We are about to invaded by an abundance of oil from overseas and that will drive down the cost of our oil and reduce the need to continue to produce it at the rate they have been for the last few years. I don't recall the country or the exact amounts I saw on tv, but they stated they were going to sell of something like 5500 barrels a day over what they had been doing. Yes, it was one of the countries that we import oil from. I think it is a political move to try stopping the Keystone Oil line from Canada. Who really knows the political ties a move like this may actually come from?
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Them oil towns are crazy. I had to make a bunch of trips to Odessa this year. Amount of money getting thrown around there was crazy. Food places were paying $13-$15 or hr flipping burgers. Traffic like I have never seen. Plenty of lifted blinged out trucks. Town is crazy busy. Oil price drops and town will crumble.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Mr Ben I think things are already bad and about to get worse for some and down right unbearable for others. The others are the ones in the all patch.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX muleherder's Avatar
    Boom or Bust. Been that way for as long as I can remember and that's going back to '74.

Please Dear God let there be just one more boom and I swear I won't piss it away next time.

That was bumper sticker on just about all vehicles in the late 80's but folks forgot it or are too new to remember.
    FishMaster 192
    Suzuki DF 115

My Stress Relievers

Quote Originally Posted by muleherder View Post
    Boom or Bust. Been that way for as long as I can remember and that's going back to '74.

Please Dear God let there be just one more boom and I swear I won't piss it away next time.

That was bumper sticker on just about all vehicles in the late 80's but folks forgot it or are too new to remember.
    Only number stickers I've seen lately are pink and say Spoiled Oilfield Wife..... Guess those will be getting scraped.

Bumper **

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Anyone who supports themselves & family by workn with anything that deals with oil should have put away for a few rainy months if not longer, I've preached that for forever to the guys I work with & yes it's getting ready to be felt If'n ya didn't stack some cheese.
    I have seen some buy unnecessary things that they won't be able to get a 1/4 of what they paid for it if they had to get rid of it....this is something I live buy...what's it worth two-three or even four-five years after you spent all that money on it....
    Word in my neck of the woods is "absolutely no ot" until further notice as of today....it just put a great big ole smile on my face cause it's mo time fo me to get out on the wada or in da woods.....
    JK you most have some ties to those BIG decisions of when ta pull tha plug???