Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Bill Barrick's Avatar
    Now I am hearing them say that bottled water is no better than tap water. I'm bessed with ph adjusted well water. Good stuff!!! No Chlorine!!!
    Kermit the frog says " Time is fun when you are having flies. "

Be Positive-- I can do this!!

Ole Bill
    just goes to show ya how foolish people will get about spending money needlessly. (not talking bout you sue you needed your ice) i suppose it can't be helped with all of todays polution. your right Bill watched a documentary on tv about bottled water and those that do use natural springs and wells still have to clorinate the water for resale by federal law.. most of the bottled water producers get theirs straight from the tap but run it through a special filter once again this is regulated by the FDA maybe that is why we have to pay so much for it ya reckon. plus the price of the packaging and shipping and all the middlemen involved.

Scotta
    I think you got a steal have you bought gas and ice on Lake Travis. 8lb bag $1.99. And it cost me 82 dollars plus to top off my tank and I had a quarter of a tank already. Do the math its a 24 gallon tank. I never saw a sign.
    I obviously feel your pain. You know the Valereo on Conroe is the only place that have prices typical of what you find off the water. Lake Travis was just ridiculous16 lbs of ice was over 4 dollars but Im there what can I do they got me. It would cost more in gas to drive into town. Like John said, they didnt force me. I needed it and I did what you did and paid it.
    Last edited by Scotta; 05-30-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Ole Bill
    that is exactly why they get the price they do because no one wants to drive to town to get it cheaper. I darn sure will and i let the proprieter of the lake establishment know that is the reason i am going to town matter of fact i say it quite loudly so everyone in there can hear it maybe they will get the idea and when the marina's business slows way down in sales they will start pricing in a more competative price. a little over is fine but when you are gouging me i will go to town and i dont care how much gas it takes. just my principles and my opinion fishing is suppose to be relaxing and fun not an adventure where ya have to take out a loan and hock yer life to go.

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    Come on guys lighten up a little on the little lady, she was in a desperate situation, which brings up a good point.
    A few months maybe a year I read some where on another website that McDonalds had a "free ice" give away program so on a trip a little trip I threw an extra ice chest in my SUV and stopped by our local McDonald's .
    Well, when I asked the girl at the counter about this "free ice giveaway"she looked at me like I had just thrown urine in her face, so I asked for the manager . When the manager approached the counter I asked him if they were participating in the free ice give away program , he never said yes or no just asked where my ice chest was, so I ran out to the car and brought my ice chest in and set it on the counter. It was a weird experience but I did get a box full of free ice, would one of you guttsy guys like Ole Bill, be willing to try this and see in fact if that is a fact or a fiction. I just did not like the reactions I got from those folks and would gladly pay the $2.99.

Scotta
    Wher was this mcdonalds? I actually bought ice at a Whataburger with Mikechell on Fayette County and it was .99 cents for an 8 lb bag. Resonable, I thought. I definately see your point Ole Bill and if everyone did this and the demand fell it would work. But I am a small fish in a big pond and the nearest store from pace bend was about 20 miles. I spent almost $500 on gas alone this past weekend. I sure wasnt going to argue over a dollar or two on ice when a 20 mile trip in the hills would cost ???????????????? Just me I never see the big picture and always live in the moment but I guess someone has to take a stand and it might as well of been me. Im sure with all the boats the marina wouldnt of missed my 4 dollars on ice, especially when they got me for $82 for gas that I HAD to have. 40 minute boat ride from Devils cove to Pace Bend

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    It's all Bush's fault! :grrr:

No blood for ice!!!!!
    Last edited by JonW; 05-31-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    Catfish...the other white meat.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    it is not!! It is your fault!!:114:

john
    Its just plain and simple supply and demand,if you need it your gonna buy it.If you think ahead then you shouldn't get stuck in the situation which i always do,thats my fault so heck charge me i gotta have it.Just plain sick of reading about frozen ice.I guess it can be delivered in a hybrid!!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Actuakky it is DA's popele like Jonw and myself who drive all oevr the country trying to catch a fish when we have a lake ful lof teh mwithin rocks thrwo . .I paid as muc has $3.20 a ga lon my las trip , so yo utel lme who's gfault is it??yes the one;'s wh opay to pla y. .don't blame anyone else especially the gov. cause your fat or cause you drinjk or casue you l ike t odrive all over cration tryin to prove a poin t!!
    ok that's all for me .. . . i tijust twistes me off when we ttry to blame some one els e for ou rignoranve , we work all we can t omake money we don' tneed t o buys things we don't wan tto impress poeple we don' tliek grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr