Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biggest yellow cat from texana?

allworknofish is offline Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler

biggest yellow cat from texana?

just wondering what the biggest yellow cat anyone has caught out of lake texana. my biggest is 77. ive heard of larger. anyone on here seen that size or larger?

that is a nice yellow cat. Welcome to the baord
    Come what, come may
    Time and hour runs through the roughest day.

62 lbs is the water body record for flatheads from Texana, trotline catch. Yours would have been the record if registered.

my luck

at least i know im not the only one who has bad luck...a friend of mine named john novak got a 72 out of mustang creek branch about 500 yards from the boat ramp. mine came out of sandys creek bout half a mile...wonder if that still would have counted for the lake record

I can't answer your question but, one suggestion, allworknofish should be changed to allworknowfish! LOL

Nice pic and nice going!

Someone hear should have an answer but regardless, I think it would have been the Sandy Creek record. bwahahahaha. Regardless welcome and very nice fish thanks for sharing it
    Come what, come may
    Time and hour runs through the roughest day.

If those creeks are filled in the area where the fish were caught, or are recognized as part of the lake, then they would have been records. Its not bad luck to catch a record fish and not record it. Lots do that intentionally, life's not about water body records, but having fun on the water. I've caught a number of pretty ordinary fish that would have been water body records because no one bothers to register those kind of records.

I plan on hitting Texana as soon as the kids go back to school and it cools off a bit. Did you use live perch? The locals seem to think the ops population has pretty much cleaned out all the bait fish in the lake.
    A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work.

Ole Bill Guest
    maybe its time ta clean out some ops kind of regulate it some i wouldnt mind havein some good yaller cat filets in the freezer just a few tho not to many

i caught that fish on live gizzard shad about 10 inches....and to comment on the bait population....there is LOTS of bait in that lake..perch are hard to get because they are so widespread, but if you go to the boat ramp on the navidad river, you can catch all you want. ill take a live shad (if you can keep them that way) just as quick as ill take a perch for a big yellow cat. idle your boat around the highway 59 bridge and throw a cast net up against the concreate and you can get all the shad you can handle