PDA

View Full Version : Laptop died

Metalcutterr
06-16-2011, 05:42 AM
My laptop won't stay on for more than an hour. Fan not working an it is attached to the motherboard $300.00 to fix. So went spend $550.00 for a new one. Now I have to transfer everything over to the new one.

RodBender54
06-16-2011, 05:45 AM
I am about to do the same thing. A guy at work is a computer guru and he is going to completely wipe everything off of mine a start over. I can't stay on for 5 minutes now without it locking up. Thank goodness for my wifes computer.....good luck on the transfers.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
06-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Nuttin' like a new computer, after it's up and going, learn all the new buttons and etc. you will wonder how you ever got along without it. Something to really make your day, I'm sure thankful for mine.

fishaholic35
06-16-2011, 07:42 AM
mine flickers white screen when start up but it gos away after a few seconds

Metalcutterr
06-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Thank goodness I have Internet on my on my phone. So I can get my fishingtx fix! Lol!

kingwoodcatfisherman
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
My wifes 07 hp notebook $2200 could not be fixed reasonably so the repair guy gave me $100 for it to use for parts . I met another repair guy last week with an hp notebook for $250 that I bought . It was much faster , 240 more gig and 2 more gig of memory plus a web cam , fingerprint reader , case, and totally loaded with software - the new windows, anti virus, ms office , and a few others .

I brought it home and showed it to my teenage daugter and I haven't seen it since !!!! Lol

Scotta
06-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I could come put that fan in for you and you would have a backup. Now that you have a backup I would break that one down and put that fan in. Pretty simple and you will get a lot of useful info when breaking it down. I am sorry I dont know your back ground but when I tore down my first one I was like this is too easy to fix to ever take it in for anything hardware or software for that matter

Gentleben
06-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Maybe that's what's wron gwith me my motehrbaord and fan are wore ou tI can hardly sta yup for an hour BWHAHHAHAHAHHA:Chammer::icon_mrgreen:
My laptop won't stay on for more than an hour. Fan not working an it is attached to the motherboard $300.00 to fix. So went spend $550.00 for a new one. Now I have to transfer everything over to the new one.